This post highlights the activity of ‘Mozilla Hyderabad Community’ in the year 2014-2015. Individual as well as collective contributions form various members of the community throws light on the efforts that people have put up to make this one of the most active communities. Based out of Collab House, Mozilla Hyderabad has hosted all the major and crucial events and campaigns aiming at building a strong contributor base at Hyderabad. Having presence of contributors to various projects of Mozilla, we have created specifically targeted events and campaigns to create maximum impact meanwhile enabling a lot of Mozillians to achieve expertise in their respective domain of contribution.
As Mozilla Mission emphasises on openness of the web, we followed open practices to build the community with diversity in ideology and supported initiatives by various other open organisations by either supporting or helping them. Our practices are inclusive of Strategic initiatives, local campaigns,Impact filled events, transparent documentation and communication.
Mozilla Hyderabad has partnered with various other Open communities aiming at promoting Mozilla mission further as a mutual benefactor:
- Hour of code
- Duck Duck go
- Geek Angels
- Hyderabad Open source and Makespace creativity
- 3D printing & hardware
- Thought works
- Hill Hacks
- Ride on Cab
Collab House, Hyderabad has been the hub of activity for most of the key Mozilla Meetings and Events. Particularly over the last one year we have engaged more than 3000 people in 30+ Events covering the domains predominantly Community Building, Women Empowerment, Maker Party, Cloud Services, Dev, FirefoxOS, L10n, Webmaker, Location Services & Hive Network.
Apart from the local community activities, several Mozilla Staff has made their presence at Collab House in order to interact with train the members of Mozilla Hyderabad Community. The events and meetings listed below has made the contributors more energetic with the presence of Mozilla staff
The activity of Mozilla Hyderabad Community has been consistent over the past 1 year. The community and Collab House together has played a significant role in spreading Mozilla mission and empower local contributors.
Mozilla Hyderabad Community has hosted 30+ events in around its one year of functioning.
Apart from the offline activity the community is active online through blogs and Social Media channels
- Website: http://mozillahyderabad.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MozillaHyderabad/?fref=ts | 1223+ Likes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MozillaHyd | impressions #mozillahyderabad
The activity of Mozilla Hyderabad has been a collective effort from the every member of the community. We’d like to specially thank Vineel R. Pindi, Santosh Vishwanatham, Srikar Ananthula, Harsha Vardhan, Akshay Tiwari, Deepak Upendra, Harsha Bandaru, Kalyan Deekshit and Giridhar Akirapu for their efforts in building the community.
This wouldn’t have been possible without the support from William Quiviger, Rosana Ardila, George Roter and Michelle Thorne.
List of Events:
- 1st January – HNY Mozilla
- 4th January – Community engagement 1.0
- 14th Jan – Coffee at Collab 1.0
- 8th Feb – GeoBoot-Hyderabad
- 14th March – GeoBoot-Hyderabad 2.0
- 18th April – Moz Deccan
- 19th April – Moz Deccan
- 16th May – Market Place day
- 17th May – Market Place day
- 2nd June – Moz Coffee 2.0
- 7th June – Womoz AppSprint
- 7th June – Community Engagement 3.0
- 8th June – Community Engagement 3.0
- 12-19th June – Securing web at ZAP
- 13th June – Spring Campaign
- 14th June – Rust 1.0
- 20th June – Lets MLS Hyderabad
- 28th June – Club leads orientation
- 11th July– Angel Hack Vizag
- 12th July – Angel Hack Vizag
- 15-31st July – MakerParty Hyderabad
- 18-19th July – Market Place day v2.0
- 26th July – Securing web Meetup
- 4-6th September – Womoz Hyderabad
- 26th September – Good Second Bug day
- 10-11th October – Firefox OS midnight Appathon
- 17th October – Mozilla and Firefox OS at Purpletalk
- 31st October – Add-on Hacks for Firefox
- 24-29th November – FSA Bootcamp Hyderabad
- 21-23rd December – FSA on-boarding campaign
Thrilled to see what we could do in 2016!