3D printing is one of the most happening technologies. With its minimalistic approach it is out to rupture the functionality of most of the manufacturing and fabrication industries world wide.
Collab House has one of the most active 3D printing communities in the city. Hence we have hosted an amazing workshop on 6th of February at Collab House, hosted by 3Ding.
The agenda included the introduction of various 3D printing technologies currently in use viz.
- Selective laser sintering (SLS)
- Electron Beam Melting
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Stereo lithography (SL)
Along side the attendees were trained on the different steps while making a 3D model as listed below:
- Design a CAD model of the object.
- Saving the file in .stl format.
- Exporting the file to a 3D printer.
- Hitting on the print button.
- Grab a bite or a cup of coffee while the your desired object gets printed ‘layer by layer’.
- After done with all the layers, take out the print carefully.
The sessions were excellently presented by Surendar Reddy, CEO of 3Ding.
What? A full day workshop on 3D printing
Why? A professional level training on the 3D printing technology