Kids Coding Camp is a project to teach Government/Low income private school kids basics of internet, website designing and coding.
Collab House and Camp Diaries are piloting a Coding Camp for Kids over 3 weekends.
50 students of different abilities would be selected for the pilot project in May and June. They should be able to learn the basics of website designing and coding by the end of 3 weekends. Students will be able to design a basic website by the end of that last day.
Apply now to become a volunteer: bit.ly
Deadline to apply: Sunday, 4th June 2017
Applications Start – May 7th
Telephonic Interviews – June 3rd onwards for shortlisted volunteers
Teacher Training – June 5th and 6th (Time and Venue to be confirmed later)
TIMELINE: Total 6 days of teaching + 2 days of training (Only Saturdays and Sundays)
STUDENTS TRAINING CAMP:
3 Weekends (~ 6 days, 4 hours per day)
WHO CAN APPLY?
We’re looking for ~ 20 passionate volunteers to pilot this project.
If you wish to teach kids computers and coding, this is a great opportunity.
Skills you must possess?
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Aptitude to learn coding
- Willingness to change lives
- Patience and love!
- What else? - A laptop or the ability to borrow one on the weekends.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROGRAM:
- All the selected volunteers will be trained over a weekend for the content and on how to manage and teach kids.
- Each person will have 3 to 4 kids at a time.
- You will be going to the schools and teaching the kids out in the open with hotspot or dongle internet.
- 3 weekends will be devoted to a set of kids and then results will be analyzed.
- Increased coding aptitude in all the kids. (With some passionate about it)
- Concentration and patience should be developed in the students through the whole course.
- Impact of the “Culture of Achievement” and “Rigour” strand on the Student Vision Scale used by Teach for India.
WHAT DO YOU GET:
- An opportunity inspire and empower schools kids with no access to technology. Make them dream!
- Opportunity to collaborate with and learn from leaders from Teach For India, Collab House and Camp Diaries.
- Meet inspiring people and create impact this summer.
- Get a Letter of Appreciation and enhance your resume!
- And the satisfaction of teaching the kids 🙂